Decrepit Bookcase themed MeetMat, made in Substance Painter
Texture painting is very foreign to me, so this was a fun opportunity to learn some new techniques!
For the head, I started with paper and wood materials and used the polygon mask tool for precise painting. From there, I experimented with a dirt preset generator to get some mustiness on the wood, and a position generator to create some chipping in the wood. Finally, I used an alpha mask to create the 'lorem ipsum' text across the face, with some denser areas to age the paper texture, and sparser areas for the appearance of an old, scribbled book.
For the body, I copied the dirt effects from the head and also created a layer of brassy binding on the arms. For rustiness on the arms, I originally used a rust generator effect; ironically, I got a better effect from a water droplet generator.
For the base, I used a simple concrete material and used a position generator to create some chipping.
